Regulations on murder in Vietnam
Article 123 of the Penal Code defines murder specifically as follows:
1. Whoever kills in one of the following circumstances shall be sentenced to between 12 and 20 years of imprisonment, life imprisonment or capital punishment.
Killing 02 or more people;
Murder of a person under the age of 16;
Killing women knowing they are pregnant;
Murder of a person on duty or for reasons of the victim's official duty;
Killing their grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, foster person, teacher, teacher;
Murder committed immediately before or immediately after the commission of a very serious crime or a particularly serious crime;
To commit or conceal another crime;
To take the victim's body parts;
Committing the crime in a barbaric manner;
By taking advantage of profession;
By a method capable of killing many people;
Hire to kill or kill tenants;
Being of a thug nature;
Because of despicable motives.
2. Committing the crime not in the cases specified in Clause 1 of this Article, the offenders shall be sentenced to between 07 and 15 years of imprisonment.
3. Those who prepare to commit this crime shall be sentenced to between 01 and 05 years of imprisonment.
Offenders may be banned from practicing certain occupations or doing certain jobs for one to five years, subject to probation or banned from residence for one to five years.
How many years in prison for murder?
According to the provisions of murder, there are two main penalty frames.
Frame 1 with the lowest prison term of 12 years and the heaviest death penalty, depending on the nature and severity of the offender.
Frame 2 for cases not re-specifying frame 1, the maximum prison sentence is 15 years in prison
In addition, additional penalties are:
- Being banned from practicing certain professions or doing certain jobs from 01 to 05 years;
- Impose probation or residence ban from 01 to 05 years.
Those who prepare to commit crimes can also face up to 5 years in prison.
When is the crime of murder punishable by death?
According to regulations, those who commit murder in the cases prescribed in Clause 1, Article 123 of the Penal Code may face the highest sentence of death.
At the same time, the judge who decides the punishment will be based on the aggravating circumstances, the seriousness of the violation, the consequences and the damage caused to decide whether the person committing the murder is sentenced to death. or not. Therefore, depending on the nature of each case, it is possible to answer the question: when murder is sentenced to death.
Above is all information about Regulations on murder in Vietnam.
Please get in touch with us through the following channels if you have any questions:
Fanpage: LHLegal Law Firm
Zalo: 0903 796 830
Hotline: 1900 2929 01
STAGES OF A CRIMINAL CASE IN VIETNAM (07.10.2022)